Friday, January 13, 2012

Garlic basil pasta

 I love making homemade pasta, especially with my Ninja and my new pasta press! I love to try out new spices and things in it.
Basic pasta recipe
2 1/2 cups flour (white or wheat)
3 eggs
Put flour in a bowl and make a "well" in the center. Add eggs and mix with fork until all incorporated. Add cold water 1 TBLS at a time if needed to make a non-sticky dough. Knead dough for 10 minutes. Let dough rest for 10 minutes covered in a damp cloth. Cut dough ball in to fourths, this is where my pasta press comes in handy. :) Roll each dough out to however thick you like your noodles. Let dry for at least 15 minutes. Cut in to desired width and length. When ready to use boil noddles for 3-4 minutes.
For my garlic basil pasta I used my Ninja, to chop up 3 garlic cloves and 7-8 leaves fresh basil (you can use dried, use as much as you think you want). I just added them in with about 1 cup of my flour, and chop them up very fine. You can use a knife for this just get them chopped really fine so you don't bite in to a big chunk of garlic! Then I added my flour mixture to the rest of the flour and continued as directed.
 These noodles turned out really nice. We all really liked them! They weren't too strong, and had just the right amount of seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment